Home Buyer Survey & Valuations
Buying a Property is probably one of the biggest investments you will ever make, we are here to ensure that your investment is sound. It’s important that you get a property survey done when you have an offer accepted on a property you want to buy.
Property surveys will help you find out about the condition of the building and, if there are problems, give you a powerful reason for negotiating the buying price down or asking the seller to fix the problems before you move in.
If you are in the process of buying a property the two main types of residential survey are The RICS Homebuyer Report or a Full Building Survey.
Home Buyers Report designed by the RICS as a cost effective method of minimising risk the Homebuyer Report is designed to provide buyers with enough information to make a reasoned and informed decision on whether to proceed with their purchase.
The report covers the building inside and outside, the services and the site and includes specific sections on all the main elements including walls, floors and joinery. Each element is given a condition rating for easy reference:
- Condition rating 1 (green): No repair is currently needed. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
- Condition rating 2 (amber): Defects that need repairing or replacing but are not considered to be either serious or urgent. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
- Condition rating 3 (red): Defects that are serious and/or need to be repaired, replaced or investigated urgently.
Property related risks including movement, dampness and timber defects are also given their own section. In addition the report contains both a current market value and the cost of re-instatement for insurance purposes.
We are always happy to provide additional services beyond the scope of the standard package, such as a specification for future works, which may be useful when sourcing a builder to undertake repairs.
Discuss with our specialised for your other various type of valuations requirements such as Probate, security, valuation for CGT Tax & Asset etc.
- Probate Valuation
- Valuation for lending and security purpose
- Valuation for CGT Tax & Asset
- Valuation for Investment and other purpose
We have a track record of quickly turning around the report at a very competitive fee. Feel free to contact us on 0207 993 4890 to discuss this further.